About Us - Now
The Wasaga Beach Women's Business Association (WBWBA) was founded in the 1990's and continues to be a thriving group of local women in business. Wasaga Beach Women's Business Association was founded to offer women a networking group to:
- reinforce belief in themselves and their businesses or careers;
- increase their self confidence;
- encourage perseverance;
- offer mutual support;
- encourage, promote and facilitate mutually rewarding business partnerships; and
- provide opportunities for increasing knowledge.
WBWBA is proud to sponsor the Athena Award presented annually at the Chamber Business Awards Ceremony in honour of stellar leadership ability and community involvement by a business woman in Wasaga Beach.
WBWBA is a strong supporter of the Wasaga Beach Ministerial Food Bank, Beauty from the Inside Out, Big Brothers and Big Sisters, and other local charities and needs.About Us - Then
- WBWBA was co-founded in 1996 by Donna Mullen, of Norlite Financial Insurance - now Mortgage Intelligence.
- The original WBWBA Logo was designed by Sue Hodgson.
- The First 'Membership Directory' was published in 1998.
- The First 'Dessert & Coffee Speaker's Night' was held at Country Life Resort with Helen Walter as Special Guest Speaker, of Marketing Consultation & Design in 2002.
- The First 'Business After 5' Meeting was held in 2004, at the Wasaga Beach Chamber of Commerce.
- The WBWBA Website was designed by Joan Donogh and came online in April 2005.
- WBWBA became 'Incorporated' as a Non-Profit Organization in 2006.
- Our First 'Municipal Candidates' Meeting' was held on Oct. 10, 2006.
- The First WBWBA 'Wasaga Beach Business Show', in conjunction with The Chamber of Commerce was held on March 25, 2007.
- The First Annual 'Mary Awards' were presented in 2007 in honour of Mary Hunter.